Qualified Car Accident Lawyer in El Paso
Car accidents can be both physically and emotionally devastating. If you were in a car accident at the fault of another driver, a car accident lawyer can help you get compensation for injuries and damages. The Huerta Law Firm can assist you in making and executing your case.
What to Do If You’re in an Accident
When you’re in an accident, there are certain steps you should follow afterward to ensure your safety and the safety of anyone else involved:
- Find a Safe Place- The last thing you want is to linger in the middle of the road, so if you can, find a safe place to work things out. Be sure your car is parked and not moving before doing so.
- Call 911- If you or other are injured, it is especially important to call 911. However, it’s required to call the police either way. So, once you are sure everyone is safely out of the way of oncoming traffic, call 911. If you have flares or similar items in your car, you can use those as well.
- Gather the Necessary Information- If no one is hurt and you are able to do so, be sure to gather necessary information, like the other driver’s insurance and contact information.
- File a Claim With Your Insurance Company- Your insurance company will give you the next steps after being in an accident, such as how much you will pay for the damages and for the other party’s damages, if applicable, and will direct you to auto body shops to have your car repaired.
- Hire a Car Accident Lawyer- If you were in an accident at the fault of another driver, a car accident lawyer can help you build a case, especially if the other driver doesn’t give you their information or doesn’t have insurance.
If You’re at Fault
If the accident is your fault, the other party’s insurance will contact your insurance company to hash out the details. In this situation, you will most likely have to pay for damages and injuries the other party experienced because of the accident. In this scenario, a car accident lawyer can defend you and help you navigate the legal aftermath of an accident.
If You’re Not at Fault
If you’re not at fault for the accident and it was at the fault of another person, you can take a few courses of action. First and foremost, you should get their information so you both can file a claim with your respective insurances. If the person doesn’t have insurance, refuses to give you their information, or leaves the scene of the accident, or you feel like you weren’t compensated fairly, a car accident lawyer can help you.
At the Huerta Law Firm, we’re dedicated to helping everyone who has been in an accident and needs legal help. Call us today for more information.