A Personal Injury Lawyer and Criminal Defense Lawyer You Can Trust
Family Law Lawyer in El Paso
If you live in the El Paso area and are in need of legal assistance in the areas of personal injury or family law, the Huerta Law Firm is prepared to offer excellent legal service. When the Huerta Law Firm opened its doors in 2005, we wanted to provide unmatched representation to the people of El Paso, TX. This mission is still alive today.
Our law firm specializes in personal injury. It is our goal to ensure that anyone who has been a victim of negligence gets their day in court. You should not have to suffer due to someone else’s carelessness. Our staff is ready and waiting to help you get the justice you deserve!
Types of Cases We Handle
When you come to us, you can rest assured knowing there are many areas we are prepared to help you with. From adopting a child or handling a divorce to settling a DWI or drug offense.
We offer a variety of services specializing in personal injury, criminal defense, and family law, including:
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Dog Bites
- 18 Wheeler Accidents
- Slip and Fall
- Traffic Violations
- Wrongful Death
Our Personal Injury Lawyer Will Help You File a Personal Injury Claim
Filing a personal injury claim requires substantial time and necessary evidence. You will need full documentation of the injury in order to prove your case. This may include lost wages, medical bills, treatment expenses, and other damages. The Huerta Law Firm team will help ensure that you provide as much evidence as possible for a successful outcome.
On top of economic losses, you will also need to consider the non-economic impacts. These may include emotional stress and psychological issues such as loss of enjoyment, changes in mood, as well as relationship conflicts that have been a result of your loss in affection. Most victims of personal injuries are unaware of the full scope of damages that an accident can have on their lives in the short and long term.
You may be entitled to compensation that fully protects your well-being and assists you with the consequences that have resulted from the accident. For assistance in personal recovery, you may need to attend physical therapy and rehabilitation or other forms of therapies. If your vehicle was damaged, you will also need financial assistance to pay for repairs. At Huerta Law Firm, we will consider past and future lost wages in order to keep you protected.
Why Choose the Huerta Law Firm?
At the Huerta Law Firm, we are dedicated to helping each and every person who comes through our doors. Our many years of experience have given us the skills and knowledge needed to help you. And since we are so diversified, we can help you with numerous legal issues. Time and time again, our clients are satisfied with the result, and we promise you will be too.
Here’s what sets us apart from other personal injury lawyers and defense lawyers in El Paso:
- Attorney Jonathan Huerta and our entire team provide an unmatched dedication to clients.
- If we take you on as a client, it’s because we’re confident in our ability to produce a positive outcome on your end.
- Our in-depth litigation knowledge will provide you with an advantage to be in the best position to receive fair compensation.
How to Find a Personal Injury Lawyer or Criminal Defense Lawyer in El Paso
When it comes to finding a credible personal injury lawyer or a criminal defense lawyer in El Paso, you want to be certain that who you select to take on your case has the necessary credentials and experience. There are undoubtedly numerous personal injury and criminal defense lawyers in the El Paso area. However, not all lawyers have the experience and resources necessary to adequately handle your case and win the maximum compensation possible. Unfortunately, many will try to settle the case quickly without investing enough time and dedication. The result of this type of behavior is generally a poor outcome on your end.
To help you avoid this experience, here’s what you should look for in a personal injury lawyer as well as a criminal defense lawyer:
- Previous case results. You’ll want to know how many cases the lawyer has won in order to know if he or she has the capability of winning your case.
- Years of experience. While new lawyers certainly need assistance building clientele, if your case is more complicated, you’ll want a lawyer with five years or more of practice in the area of your case.
- Client Testimonials. Knowing previous clients’ experience can certainly help you know what to expect. Most clients are interested in sharing their negative experiences as well as their positive ones as a means of expressing their honest option so that others can make an informed decision.
- Professionalism and helpfulness. First impressions can reveal a lot about a person, especially when he or she is setting the tone for becoming a key part in your future. An attorney who is willing to learn about your needs and establish a professional relationship from the start will most likely conduct him or herself in the same manner throughout the entirety of the case. If you don’t that you can trust the person, you should consider working with someone else as you may be communicating with your lawyer for months or years to come.
Key Statistics of Personal Injury Accidents in El Paso
When it comes to injuries in El Paso County, one of the most commonly reported personal injury accidents are car accidents. In 2016, El Paso County saw a total of 17,172 vehicle crashes. On a national level, the U.S. sees an average of 2.35 million motor vehicle accidents every year. One leading cause behind these accidents is distracted driving. This includes texting or using a cellphone behind the wheel. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported that distracted driving claimed the lives of 3,450 Americans in 2016. You may have noticed a rise in awareness regarding cell phone usage and driving around major highways including Interstate 10 through highway messages.
In addition to motor vehicle accidents, wrongful death caused by medical errors (medical malpractice) has accounted for the loss of approximately 98,000 Americans on an annual basis. In 2013 the number of deaths due to medical error rose to 250,000 according to John Hopkins University School of Medicine. The Texas Medical Board receives over 7,000 complaints a year and unfortunately, some of those complaints go ignored. Proving a medical malpractice case in Texas can be difficult, as you must be able to prove the following:
- The existence of a doctor-patient relationship or the proof that care was provided.
- The patient suffered an injury as a result of negligent medical care.
- The doctor or hospital was “negligent” in the sense that the care provided was below the general standard of care within the medical profession.
Whether you’re dealing with a car accident, medical malpractice, a work-related injury, or another form of personal injury, our firm can help you understand your rights and know what steps are required to win your case. Please remember, it’s important that you do not delay getting help.
Connect with a Committed Law Firm in El Paso Today
If you need legal assistance, look no further than the Huerta Law Firm. Our offices are conveniently located in East El Paso. If you or someone you know needs an experienced attorney, call Huerta Law Firm today! We’re committed to you.