El Paso Divorce Lawyer
Experienced Representation When You Need It Most
Nobody enters into a marriage expecting to get divorced, but it is a reality that many people face. It is commonly reported that nearly 50% of marriages in the United States end in divorce. If you are one of the many people contemplating ending your marriage, you need to speak to an attorney. A lawyer can help you understand your rights and protect your interests throughout the process.
At the Huerta Law Firm, we understand how difficult it can be to decide to terminate your marriage. Our El Paso divorce lawyers are here to help. We provide compassionate, experienced representation for individuals seeking a divorce or dissolution of marriage. Contact our office now to speak directly with an attorney. Call (915) 629-9988 for a free and confidential consultation.
Divorce in El Paso, Texas
Texas recognizes several types of divorce. It is essential to discuss your case with an El Paso divorce lawyer who can help you decide which type of divorce best suits your needs and goals.
Types of divorce in Texas:
- Agreed (Uncontested) Divorce – An agreed or uncontested divorce is one of the fastest and most straightforward types of divorce to file since both parties agree to the terms of the dissolution. However, it is still strongly recommended that you retain a divorce lawyer to help ensure that your rights and assets are protected.
- Collaborative Divorce – A collaborative divorce is designed to help couples avoid the stress and frustration of a prolonged court case. Collaborative divorces are best for spouses who have an amicable relationship and would like to resolve the matter outside of court.
- Mediated Divorce – Similar to a collaborative divorce, a couple can seek a mediator to help them define the terms of their marriage dissolution. Mediated solutions are often less costly than contested divorces and can be less contentious.
- Litigation (Contested) Divorce – A contested or litigated divorce occurs when parties cannot agree to the terms of the divorce. During the divorce proceedings, issues such as spousal support, property division, child custody, and more will be resolved.
Divorce is never easy. Ending a marriage is a difficult decision that can impact nearly every aspect of your life. You should not have to go through it alone. If you or your spouse has been a resident of the state for at least the last six months, you may be eligible to file for divorce.
CTA Need help with a divorce? Call (915) 629-9988 today to arrange a free consultation.
Grounds for Divorce in El Paso, Texas
According to statute, a court can grant a divorce without regard to fault if the marriage has become insupportable. In other words, neither party has to have grounds for the divorce. A Texas court can grant a no-fault divorce if there are irreconcilable differences that cannot be resolved between the spouses.
The court may grant a fault divorce on the following grounds:
- Conviction of felony
- Living apart for at least three years
- Confinement in a mental hospital
If you are seeking a fault-based divorce, we can help. Contact our office to speak directly with an El Paso family lawyer who can help you navigate the process and work to achieve the best possible solution to your case.
Issues Commonly Addressed in a Divorce
Several issues will be addressed throughout divorce proceedings or in mediation. An El Paso divorce lawyer can help you understand your rights regarding each of these issues. Whether you are seeking an uncontested or litigated divorce, it is still important to discuss your case with an attorney.
Matters commonly addressed in divorce proceedings:
- Property division
- Child Support
- Child custody or conservatorship
- Spousal support or maintenance
Your future and your family’s future could depend on the outcome of your divorce. At the Huerta Law Firm, we understand the gravity of the situation and will fight tirelessly to ensure that your interests are protected.
How an El Paso Divorce Lawyer Can Help
Get the experienced representation you need and deserve with the Huerta Law Firm. Our El Paso divorce lawyers will meet with you personally to discuss your case. We handle all aspects of your case, from the initial filing to securing the final order. We can even help with support modifications or seek enforcement of a court order.
Let us work towards a favorable resolution on your behalf. Divorce proceedings can take months or years to resolve. We can help make sure the process goes as smoothly as possible. Do not wait. Call today to discuss how to proceed with your case.
Considering Filing for Divorce in El Paso? Contact Our Office.
If you are considering filing for divorce in El Paso, contact our office at (915) 629-9988 for a free consultation. Do not trust your matter to a lesser firm. Get the high-quality legal representation you need. Call now to schedule an appointment.