A Client-Focused Family Lawyer in El Paso
Proceeding with any type of family law case can be a stressful and emotionally sensitive time. All details of such matters should be handled with the utmost care and attention. Our law office can provide clients with legal representation before a court. We provide sound legal counsel throughout each step of the process. Our team ensures that each family law case is thoroughly discussed with you and that you feel informed and understood before any hearing or legal action is decided upon.
Areas of Family Law We Handle
The legal areas involving family law are vast in nature, comprised of many different aspects that can affect the future of yourself and your loved ones. The Huerta Law Firm supports your legal needs in a variety of ways. Some of the areas of family law include:
- Child Support
- Name Changes
- Termination of Parental Rights
- Protective Orders against Domestic Violence
- Child Protection
Issues in a case are determined by either a mutual agreement of the two parties or by a court ruling. Most often, family court issues require the help of a qualified legal family lawyer to mitigate any back and forth discussion that is likely to occur. That is why we offer strong legal support and knowledgeable services to all our El Paso clients.
Divorce Support and Legal Assistance
Divorce is a very common part of family law. After making the difficult decision to get a divorce, meeting with a divorce lawyer in El Paso should be the next step. The path that follows can be rough and stressful from the moment you and your spouse decide to initiate the proceedings to the day you receive the final decree. Speaking with a divorce lawyer from the Huerta Law Firm can help you obtain the answers you need. We will also provide the legal support you deserve.
However complicated the divorce proceedings may appear, our law office is ready to provide legal assistance to all our clients. We will also guide you through an uncontested or contested divorce, preparing and processing all necessary documentation in a timely manner. Our professional legal oversight can ensure accuracy and efficiency, avoiding unnecessary time delays. We aim for our legal services to provide each client with specific answers to their case in regard to Texas law. We advise you on your best options for moving forward. Parts of family law that fall under divorce include:
- Child Support
- Termination of Parental Rights
An Overview of the Adoption Process
After making the decision to adopt a child, there are a few things you can do to ensure the process goes more smoothly. One of the best things you can do is work with a family lawyer. This is a snapshot of what the process may look like:
- Determine you are fit for adopting a child. This includes emotionally, physically, and financially, and you should evaluate where you live as well.
- Find an adoption agency and begin filling out paperwork to initiate the adoption process.
- Undergo a home study, which is sort of like a background check for the adoption process. An agent from the agency you choose to work with will analyze documents like your birth certificate and marriage licenses and will conduct a background check to ensure you are fit to become a parent. They will also start a conversation with you about what the adoption process is like, what parenthood is like (especially if you aren’t already a parent), and what raising a child will be like.
- Once you’ve been approved by the adoption agency, you can begin meeting with children to find the one you’ll eventually call your son or daughter.
- Lastly, you’ll finalize the adoption process and bring your child home. Just keep in mind that the adoption agency will still check in on you after you’ve brought your child home to ensure everything is going alright.
Protective Orders Against Domestic Violence
A family lawyer can also help you if you need to file for protective orders against domestic violence. This can include child abuse, spousal abuse, and more. A protective order, also known as a restraining order, will help to keep you away from someone causing you harm.
Our law firm can provide you with the following types of protection:
- Emergency protection orders (EPO): An emergency protection order can be necessary in a violent domestic situation where the abuser cannot return to the residence for three to seven days. This gives the opportunity to seek a longer-term protection order.
- Protection orders: A protection order is different from an emergency protection order in that it offers more protection and for an extended period of time. Protection orders may include:
- Prohibiting the abuser from texting, calling, emailing, or stalking the victim.
- Prohibiting any means of communication, even from a third party.
- Requiring the abuser to stay a certain number of feet or yards away from the victim, his or her residence, place of work, school, and vehicle.
- Requiring the abuser to move out of the victim’s home.
- Ordering the abuser to attend counseling including anger management or a batterer’s intervention.
- Requiring the abuser to surrender his or her guns or prohibiting the ability to purchase a firearm.
- Restraining orders: A restraining order can be used in a domestic violence case where one party requests the court for action without consulting the other party. The other party can be permitted to present his or her side of the story in a hearing.
- Criminal protection orders: If a criminal case is pending, a protection order can be provided to the victim to protect him or her until the case is settled.
Reasons to Work with Our Family Lawyer
A family lawyer assists with the most sensitive aspects of life. Whether you’re seeking a divorce, fighting for the custody of your child, or seeking visitation rights, our law office will do their best to provide you with a positive outcome. Most importantly, our team will be the objective voice that gives you much-needed clarity.
As you consider your options for a family lawyer in El Paso, there are key qualifications and characteristics that can determine whether an attorney is the most eligible to handle your case. At the Huerta Law Firm, we are confident in our ability to support and represent your unique situation given our years of experience and the level of commitment we provide each client.
Here’s what makes family lawyer Jonathan Huerta and our entire team the best to work with in the Sun City:
- We are local. Being local might not be a qualification that comes to mind as you search for a family lawyer. However, there are numerous attorneys who practice throughout the region or in the state of Texas who simply can’t commit the same amount of attention to their clients given their proximity. Often times, out-of-town attorneys don’t understand the lifestyle of their clients. At Huerta Law Firm, we live and breathe El Paso. We take pride in being able to assist our neighbors, no matter what side of town you come from.
- We put family first. At the end of the day, we know that family is one of the most important components of our lives. Our team fights to protect families from enduring unreasonable situations and is compassionate throughout the entire process. Our goal is to make these situations less painful and to ease stress among everyone involved.
- We communicate. Communication is easily overlooked as a necessary qualification from a family lawyer. With good reason, you assume and expect your team is going to communicate with you and each other so that nothing gets lost in the process. If you’ve ever hired an attorney who never picks up his or her phone, does not respond to emails, and can’t schedule a meeting within a reasonable time, then you understand how much communication matters. In order to keep your case on track, our team will regularly contact you regarding the status of your case.
Our Family Lawyers Fight on Your Behalf
As you proceed with a family law case, you will undoubtedly need as much information as possible pertaining to your case. It is important to receive what you need from those who are advocating on your behalf.
The Huerta Law Firm provides an excellent family lawyer to work toward building a strong case on your behalf. Please connect with our team today to begin the process. We can be reached at (915) 412-6809.