Personal Injury Lawyer in El Paso
A Qualified Accident Injury Firm by Your Side
If you were needlessly injured by the negligent or careless actions of a person or entity, you have the right to be compensated for your losses.
At Huerta Law Firm, we consider it our utmost responsibility to help injured victims and their families get the justice they deserve. Our personal injury lawyers use the full extent of our knowledge, experience, and resources to protect our clients and secure full and fair compensation on their behalf.
When you need a dedicated and experienced El Paso personal injury attorney, please know that we are ready and able to expertly assist you with your case.
To schedule a FREE, no-obligation consultation, call (915) 629-9988 today.
How an El Paso Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
As seasoned personal injury lawyers, we utilize our years of experience to help you navigate the legal process. We can help you with:
- Dog Bites: While dogs are widely considered “man’s best friend,” they can be unpredictable. When threatened, they often attack, resulting in painful and scarring dog bites. If you were bitten by a dog, our El Paso dog bite lawyer can help you build a case and get compensation for your injuries.
- Slip and Fall Cases: If you’ve slipped and fallen due to someone else’s negligence, you can seek compensation with the help of a slip and fall accident lawyer. Business owners and property managers are responsible for keeping their premises safe and warning of possible dangers. When they fail to do so, and you are injured as a result, you can seek damages.
- Car and Truck Accidents: Accidents happen every day on Texas roadways. If you were injured in a car or 18-wheeler accident due to the negligence of the other driver, they may be liable for your injuries as well as damages sustained to your vehicle. An El Paso car accident lawyer can help you build a case and get the compensation you deserve.
- Wrongful Death: If a loved one wrongly passed away due to the negligence of another person or establishment, working with a wrongful death lawyer to hold the party responsible for their actions can bring you and your family justice and closure.
- Motorcycle and Pedestrian Accidents: Severely injured victims are often motorcyclists and pedestrians because they are largely unprotected in the event of an accident. If you were seriously injured in an accident while riding or walking, we can help you secure compensation for your injuries and other losses.
How to Know If You Have a Personal Injury Claim
Following an accident, you’ll want to determine if your case qualifies as a personal injury lawsuit or claim. If you do NOT have a valid lawsuit or claim, you will generally work directly with an insurance company and NOT a personal injury lawyer. Here are the three simple elements of a personal injury lawsuit or claim:
- Did you suffer a personal injury and not just property damage?
- A personal injury may be considered an injury to the body, mind, or emotions. It can be physical or psychological damage.
- If your accident resulted in property damage but didn’t cause any injuries, you will likely want to work directly with your insurance provider.
- Were your injuries provoked by the negligence of another entity or person/persons?
- An entity may include a business, government agency, association, organization, etc.
- The law defines negligence as failing to behave with a level of care that a reasonable person would have exercised under the same circumstances.
- There are four legal components to proving a negligence claim:
- Duty: The defendant had the legal obligation to act a certain way toward the plaintiff under the situation.
- Breach: The defendant breached that duty by failing to act in that manner.
- Causation: The defendant’s actions were the legal cause of injury.
- Damages: The defendant’s actions resulted in injury or harm to the plaintiff, and monetary damages are needed to remedy their losses.
- Are there recoverable damages?
- Recoverable damages may include personal or financial harm that compensation can rectify.
- “Damages” is the legal term for money awarded to an injured person to compensate for their losses and injuries.
If the answer is “yes” to all three questions, you likely have a valid case. While many factors play a part in the outcome of your claim or lawsuit, our experienced personal injury attorneys will help guide you in the right direction while explaining your rights and options.
Call (915) 629-9988 to speak to an experienced personal injury lawyer in El Paso for FREE.
Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit vs. Negotiating a Claim
There are two ways of seeking financial compensation. An El Paso personal injury lawyer can help you initiate a lawsuit against the at-fault party or file a personal injury insurance claim with their insurance company.
The nature of your case will determine the best option. For example, if your vehicle was damaged, you must first notify your insurance company and file a claim. It’s important to do this within 24 to 48 hours after the accident. You’ll also need to collect the other party’s insurance information.
If you cannot negotiate a fair settlement with your insurance company, you might need to file a personal injury lawsuit to recover damages. Insurance claims typically do not result in the full recovery of damages when injuries are involved. You may have accrued hefty medical bills or lost wages due to your temporary or permanent inability to return to work. These losses are often not covered in an insurance claim settlement, so filing a personal injury lawsuit may be necessary.
Do not get overwhelmed by your situation. Simply give us a call, and we will guide you in the right direction. If we handle your personal injury case, you can be confident in our ability to recover your damages.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
If you or someone you know was recently injured in one of the following types of accidents, please contact us today:
- Car accidents
- 18 Wheeler accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and falls
- Dog bites
- Medical malpractice
- Construction site accidents
- Wrongful death
Compensation in an El Paso Personal Injury Case
Once we establish that a person or entity acted negligently, we will ensure that you receive money to recover from your injury and other losses. Some damages are economic such as medical bills, while others are considered non-economic, such as pain and suffering or diminished quality of life.
Our personal injury lawyer in El Paso will seek one or more of the following damages:
- Medical expenses
- Ongoing medical care
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Accommodations for your disability
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Diminished quality of life
- Wrongful death damages
Call El Paso’s Top Personal Injury Lawyer Today!
Filing a personal injury claim on your own is hard work. We will help you every step of the way to ensure you have all of the damages and medical expenses paid for by the responsible party. Our personal injury attorneys can even help you get compensated for things you may not have considered, like a lowered quality of life or emotional distress. When you work with Huerta Law Firm, you can rest assured knowing we are on your side and will do everything within our power to make your claim successful.
If you’ve been wrongfully injured, call (915) 629-9988 today to arrange your FREE consultation. We’re eager to help. Contact our personal injury lawyer in El Paso today!