Car Accident Lawyer in El Paso
If You Have Been Injured, You Need an Experienced Car Accident Attorney By Your Side
Car accidents can be physically and emotionally devastating. If you were in a car accident caused by another driver, an El Paso car accident lawyer can help you get compensation for your injuries and losses.
At Huerta Law Firm, our personal injury lawyer is dedicated to expertly handling every aspect of your car accident case. When you work with our firm, you can rest assured knowing we will tirelessly protect your rights and do everything in our power to get you the result you deserve.
Call (915) 629-9988 today to speak to a top Car Accident Lawyer in El Paso for free.
How an El Paso Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
Many think filing a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company will cover their losses. Although the payout might cover the damage to your vehicle, it very rarely compensates you for the full amount of the physical, emotional, and financial damage the accident caused. Once you file a claim, it is up to the insurance company to determine its value. It is also possible the adjuster will try to deny the claim altogether.
Without the help of an experienced car accident attorney in El Paso, you might not receive the compensation you truly deserve.
At Huerta Law Firm, our dedicated personal injury lawyers will assist you by:
- Explaining your rights and legal options so you can make an informed decision on how to proceed.
- Keeping you updated with any developments in your El Paso car accident case.
- Handling all communications with the insurance company.
- Thoroughly investigating your accident to identify who or what was to blame for your accident.
- Carefully compiling all evidence to prove the at-fault party was negligent.
- Working with our team of experts to fully account for all of your past and future damages.
- Negotiating for a full settlement before trial.
- If necessary, advocating on your behalf in court to get you the maximum compensation available.
Recovering Damages in an El Paso Car Accident Case
Under Texas law, you have the right to seek compensation for damages caused by another party’s actions. What you are entitled to will depend on the circumstances of your case.
However, available damages might include the following:
- Medical expenses
- Costs for future medical care
- Rehabilitation expenses, such as the cost of physical therapy
- Lost income
- Lost or diminished earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of enjoyment
- Wrongful death damages
What to Do After an El Paso Car Accident
After a car crash, you can take several steps to ensure your safety and protect your legal rights.
- Find a Safe Place. Make sure you and others are not in the path of oncoming traffic. If possible, move to the side of the road and make sure your car is in park and turned off.
- Call 911. Once you are sure everyone is safely out of harm’s way, contact the police. Provide a detailed statement of what happened, and be sure to get a copy of the police report for your records.
- Gather the Necessary Information. If you can do so, be sure to gather necessary information, like the other driver’s contact and insurance information. Speak with any eyewitnesses and obtain their contact information and account of what happened.
- See a Doctor. Often, accident victims aren’t immediately aware of their injuries as shock and adrenaline help to mask the pain. For this reason, we urge you to go to your doctor, local urgent care, or the closest emergency room so they can perform a thorough medical exam.
- Speak to an El Paso Auto Accident Lawyer. If you were in an accident caused by someone else, a car accident lawyer can help you receive full compensation. They will protect your rights and build a strong case supporting your claim.
Call (915) 629-9988 to talk to a car accident lawyer in El Paso for FREE.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do I have to file a car accident claim in Texas?
If you wish to receive compensation for your losses following a car crash, you must initiate a claim or lawsuit within two years of the accident. However, it is always best to act quickly, because taking action right away will give you the best chance of securing maximum recovery for your damages.
How much does an El Paso car accident lawyer cost?
At Huerta Law Firm, we have seen firsthand the financial burden that can follow a serious car accident. That is why we handle all our car accident cases on a contingency fee basis. Under this agreement, we will handle your case without asking for any money upfront, and you will only owe us if we successfully obtain a settlement or award on your behalf. This allows you to seek compensation without any financial risk.
Can I still receive compensation if I was partially at fault for the accident?
Under Texas’ comparative negligence rule, you still have the right to seek compensation if you were partially to blame for the crash, as long as your share of the fault does not exceed 50%. However, the amount you receive will be reduced by your percentage of fault. For example, if you were awarded $100,000 in damages, but they found you to be 30% responsible, your award would be reduced by 30%. This means your final award would be $70,000.
Contact a Tough Car Accident Lawyer in El Paso Today
At the Huerta Law Firm, we understand the stress and burden caused by a serious car accident. Attempting to recover from your injuries while fighting to be compensated for your losses can quickly and easily become overwhelming.
Our experienced and compassionate personal injury lawyer in El Paso will handle every aspect of the legal process, giving you the much-needed opportunity to focus on healing. Through every step, we will make sure your rights and best interests are protected. If you want a legal team who will look out for your well-being and fight tirelessly to get the justice you deserve, choose Huerta Law Firm.
Contact us to set up a FREE no-obligation case review and learn more about how our El Paso car accident lawyer can help. (915) 629-9988