Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer in El Paso
Helping Injured Victims Seek the Compensation They Deserve
Slip and fall accidents happen more frequently than people realize and result in more harmful injuries than one might imagine. Knowing what to do following an accident is never clear, which is why it’s important to seek professional assistance from a slip and fall accident lawyer in El Paso.
If you were recently involved in a slip and fall accident in the El Paso, TX area and are seeking compensation for your injuries, the personal injury lawyers at the Huerta Law Firm can provide you with the necessary legal assistance and guidance to make a case. These cases, unfortunately, tend to be complicated. But with the help of a slip and fall accident lawyer, you can receive compensation to cover your medical expenses and other losses that resulted from the injury.
Call and speak to an El Paso slip and fall accident lawyer for FREE. (915) 629-9988
Slip and Fall Accident Statistics
Slip and fall accidents are surprisingly very common. The following statistics illustrate just how serious slip and fall accidents can be:
- Fractures are the most common injury caused by slip and fall accidents.
- Slip and falls account for 11 percent of work-related accidents for men and 5 percent for women.
- Slip and fall accidents are significantly more dangerous for people aged 65 to 84.
- For people over the age of 85, slip and fall accidents are the number one cause of injury-related death.
- According to the Industrial Safety and Occupational Health Markets, 85 percent of worker’s compensation claims are from slip and fall accidents.
A few critical things you should note about slip and fall accidents:
- If your injury is severe, you may need to take time off from work to recover.
- Nearly 22 percent of slip and fall accidents require people to take over a month off from work to recover from their injuries.
- Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere to anyone, even if the ground isn’t elevated or sloped.
- Approximately 40 percent of people fall from elevated areas while 60 percent occur on leveled ground.
If you’ve been injured from a slip and fall accident due to the negligence of another person or entity, your best option for making a case is to work with a slip and fall accident lawyer who has several years of experience handling these perplexing matters.
Common Injuries Resulting From Slip and Fall Accidents
Each year, roughly one million people are sent to the emergency room following a slip and fall accident. While the injuries vary from bruises and bumps to fractures, the results are generally serious as some people sadly don’t survive.
The following tend to be the most common injuries that result from slip and fall accidents:
- Sprains – Attempting to hold yourself up can result in twisting the knees or ankles. The hard landing may result in a sprain in the leg, foot, or back.
- Head injuries – Falls contribute to traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), which result in a concussion that is either temporary (clears up in a couple of weeks), or it could become a lifelong challenge. If the TBI is lifelong, symptoms include seizures, mood changes, and cognitive impairment.
- Back and spinal cord injuries – The toll a fall takes on your back and spinal cord is especially damaging. Results include damaged vertebrae, herniated discs, degrees of paralysis, or full loss of function and sensation.
- Shoulder injuries – Shoulders tend to jolt rapidly in falls causing a dislocation or brachial plexus injury, which is damage to the nerves that connect your spinal cord to your shoulders, arms, and hands.
- Hip fractures – According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than 95 percent of hip fractures are caused by falls. Hip fractures almost always require surgery and may result in permanent damage with the need for extensive rehabilitation.
The Process of Filing a Claim With a Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
As with most personal injury claims, you’ll first need to be able to prove that your accident happened at the fault of another person or entity, such as failing to label a slippery or wet area. Next, you must also prove that the accident wasn’t your own fault, but rather it was caused by the negligence of a person or entity. Most importantly, you’ll need to gather medical records indicating the accident put you at a loss physically, emotionally, and/or financially.
Our personal injury lawyer in El Paso will help you stay on track to ensure you receive compensation that may include one or more of the following damages:
- Medical bills
- Loss of earning
- Loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Permanent disability
- Wrongful death damages
As you can tell, the range of reasons for compensation is large, so it’s important to have a team that can maximize the compensation you receive. If your life takes a turn because of another party’s negligence, our team can help you fight for the proper compensation.
Contact a Top Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer in El Paso Today
If you are seeking compensation after a fall, an experienced lawyer will be able to help you successfully make a claim, negotiate on your behalf, and, if needed, represent your best interests in court. If you need legal assistance following an accident, call the Huerta Law Firm today. Our El Paso slip and fall accident lawyer is prepared to answer your initial questions and guide you in the right direction. Contact us online today or call (915) 629-9988 today to arrange a FREE case review.