Car Accident Injuries
How to Obtain Compensation for Your Injuries After a Car Accident
Car accident injuries can be catastrophic, causing long-term health problems. In some cases, they may prove debilitating, making it impossible for someone to continue working or return to their normal activities. When you are injured in an auto accident, you need to speak with an experienced attorney.
At the Huerta Law Firm, we represent individuals who have been seriously injured in car accidents throughout El Paso. Our experienced legal team will walk you through the process and help ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. If you were injured in a car wreck, contact our office at (915) 629-9988 to schedule a free consultation.
What Are the Most Common Car Accident Injuries?
Thousands of car accidents occur each year in El Paso and throughout Texas. Many of these result in serious injury. If you are injured in a crash, you need to consult with a car accident lawyer in El Paso as soon as possible to determine the best course of legal action.
Common car accident injuries include:
- Whiplash – The force of the impact can cause your head to be thrown violently forward and backward. Many times this motion results in a condition known as whiplash. Whiplash can be extremely painful and may be debilitating if left untreated. It is most frequently seen in rear-end collisions.
- Traumatic brain injuries – Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are a serious condition. While they can range in severity from mild to severe, they often have long-term effects. In some instances, a TBI may cause lifelong brain damage. Car accidents are the leading cause of traumatic brain injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries – Spinal cord injuries can cause a person to lose their ability to walk. Often considered catastrophic, any damage to the spinal cord can result in unbearable pain and discomfort.
- Broken bones – Broken bones such as skull and facial fractures are some of the leading accident-related injuries. A broken bone is considered a serious injury and will likely entitle you to compensation.
- Burns and lacerations – Between shattering glass and a sudden explosion, some car accident victims experience severe burns and lacerations. These injuries can cause disfigurement and may take years to recover from.
- Sprains and strains – Anything from a fender bender to a major collision can cause serious sprains and strains throughout the body. It can take months, if not longer, to heal from these injuries. In some instances, you may need to complete physical therapy in order to completely recover.
Even if you do not believe that you are seriously injured, you still need to speak with an El Paso car accident lawyer as early in the process as possible. They can help you determine whether you have a valid claim for damages.
Should I Seek Medical Treatment?
Many people assume after a car accident that you only need to seek medical treatment if you have suffered a catastrophic injury. The truth is that many injuries are not readily apparent in the immediate aftermath of a collision. Your body may be in shock and unable to process the full extent of the harm. Injuries like whiplash are notorious for becoming worse over time.
Therefore, it is always in your best interest to seek medical treatment as soon as possible. Even if you are not taken to the hospital in an ambulance, you should go to the emergency room to be evaluated. The best chance to make a full recovery is by obtaining an accurate diagnosis and starting treatment.
Do I Need an Attorney?
You should always at least consult with a car accident attorney in El Paso if you are injured. Depending on the circumstances of the case, you might be entitled to compensation. Initial consultations are generally provided at no cost and without obligation to retain the firm’s services.
Without the help of an attorney, you could end up settling your case for less than it is worth. Insurance companies frequently try to downplay a person’s injuries or deny their claim altogether.
An attorney will fight to ensure that you receive a fair and full settlement, or they will set your case for trial. You should never have to settle for less when another person’s negligence or wrongdoing caused your injuries.
Injured in a Car Accident? Contact Our Office.
Were you injured in a car accident in El Paso, Texas? Contact our office at (915) 629-9988 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. Get experienced representation when you need it most. Our lawyers will not give up on you and your family.
There are few things more terrifying than being injured in a car accident. You do not have to go through it alone. Our legal team will walk you through the claims process and will work hard to ensure you receive the best possible outcome in your case. Call now to get started.