An El Paso Traffic Violations Attorney Can Help You Avoid Significant Consequences
It’s no surprise that numerous people commit traffic violations every day as they attempt to speed through traffic or park illegally when they assume it’s harmless. While traffic violations like speeding and illegal parking may seem harmless, they can actually cause a lot of issues. Not only can speeding be dangerous, but if you’re fined, it will make your insurance rates increase. You also will also face hefty fines.
If you need help following a traffic violation, a traffic violations lawyer can assist you in decreasing your punishment or getting your case dismissed. Far too many people neglect seeking legal assistance and end up paying for the full price of the charge. Don’t be one of those people. The Huerta Law Firm can help lower these charges.
Statistics Regarding Traffic Violations
Each day, roughly 112,000 speeding tickets are given. According to the National Motorists Association, Texas is among the top ten states that issue the most speeding tickets annually. On a national level, one in six drivers will receive a speeding ticket — that’s roughly 41 million speeding tickets and over $6 billion in fines alone. Of that amount, only five percent will make an effort to fight their ticket in order to have the case dismissed or to pay a reduced charge. About 30-50 percent of police officers will fail to show up in court, which opens grounds for dismissal.
Common Traffic Violations
Believe it or not, there are a lot of violations you can, and probably have, committed as a driver. These include:
- Speeding. We’ve all done it, but speeding is actually a violation you should take seriously. Yes, it can cause you to pay more money each month for your insurance and leave you with a bunch of hefty fines, but it’s also one of the leading causes of accidents in the United States. A traffic violations lawyer can help you get the ticket and your record expunged to avoid increases in your insurance rates, added points to your license, and hefty fines.
- Red Lights. Another common violation, running a red light can result in hefty fines and tickets and is also a leading cause of accidents.
- Illegal U-Turns. Illegal U-turns can result in, once again, hefty fines. A traffic violations lawyer can help you get the ticket expunged.
- DUI/DWI. More serious than speeding and illegal U-turns, DUIs and DWIs can have serious consequences including jail time, license suspension, and even heftier fines. You get a DUI, or a driving under the influence charge when you are pulled over for a routine traffic stop and are found to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. A DWI, or driving while intoxicated, on the other hand, is given when you are pulled over under the suspicion that you are intoxicated because of erratic driving.
- Reckless Driving. Reckless driving includes speeding, driving while texting, and racing, among other offenses that can get drivers in a lot of trouble.
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident. This one is a little more unheard of than the rest. If you are involved in an accident that caused property damage, bodily harm, or death, and you leave the scene, it can result in felony charges.
Why You Need a Traffic Violations Attorney on Your Side
Instead of relying on personal luck that the officer will fail to show up in court or attempting to handle the violation on your own, a traffic violations attorney is your best chance at dismissal or lowering the charges.
Here’s why you should always hire an attorney:
- Familiarity with Laws – While traffic laws aren’t the most complicated, our attorney has experience fighting cases and does it all year round. You can have the confidence in knowing our team will produce a positive outcome.
- Assistance Gathering Key Information – Some cases may be less complicated than others. For situations that require establishing your innocence, a traffic violations attorney will gather as much evidence as possible to fight and win your case.
- Save money – People often assume that hiring an attorney will cost them more than paying the ticket. The majority of the time, this isn’t true. Beyond being able to lower your fine, a lawyer can make sure the violation doesn’t affect your driving record, therefore preventing you from paying a higher car insurance premium.
If you received a traffic violation, even for something as simple as speeding, working with a traffic violations lawyer can be extremely beneficial. The Huerta Law Firm is here to help you. Please connect with us today to begin working on your case.