18 Wheeler Accident Lawyer in El Paso
Were You Recently Injured in an Accident Involving an 18 wheeler?
No matter what kind of vehicle you drive, passing an 18 wheeler on the highway is never fun. Due to their large size and weight, commercial trucks pose a significant danger to their drivers and others on the road. Even when we are cautious, there is still a chance we could be involved in this serious type of accident. In fact, 18 wheeler accidents happen every day in Texas and are known to result in some of the most devastating accident injury cases.
At the Huerta Law Firm, our El Paso 18 wheeler accident lawyer is committed to fighting for injured victims and their families to secure justice on their behalf. If you or a loved one was injured in an accident involving a semi-truck, our personal injury lawyer in El Paso can help you fight for maximum compensation. We have become one of the area’s leading personal injury firms because we have the skill and experience to tackle even the most complex cases and won’t hesitate to fight in court to secure the result you deserve.
Injured in a truck accident? Contact Huerta Law Firm to arrange a FREE consultation with an experienced 18 wheeler accident lawyer in El Paso. (915) 629-9988
Common Causes of 18 Wheeler Accidents in El Paso
The state of Texas has more truck accidents than any other U.S. state. In Texas alone, there are roughly 15,000 18 wheeler accidents every year, resulting in an average of almost 600 fatalities. This is why it is important to take precautions and drive safely while sharing the road with semi trucks, big rigs, or other types of commercial vehicles.
Frequent causes of 18 wheeler and semi-truck accidents include:
- Driver fatigue. Truck drivers spend many hours on the road. While they are required to take breaks regularly and for certain amounts of time, many opt to drive straight through to get to their destination faster. This can cause the driver to become exhausted, resulting in a crash. An El Paso truck accident lawyer can examine the driver’s logs to see whether they took breaks or had been driving continuously before the collision, which can help strengthen your case.
- Reckless Driving. While reckless driving in any vehicle can cause an accident, reckless driving in a semi truck is especially dangerous. Speeding, unsafe lane changes, swerving, and texting while driving are all common reasons why many semi trucks are involved in accidents.
- Overly Packed Trucks. Some trucking companies make the poor decision of overpacking their fleet’s cargo. The increased weight can make it much harder for the driver to stop or cause the truck to tip over while turning. Our truck accident attorney will investigate how the truck’s cargo was loaded and whether the overall weight exceeded trucking standards to see whether the cargo played a role in the accident.
Seeking Compensation After Your El Paso 18 Wheeler Accident
Truck accidents often leave victims with serious, life-changing injuries. Not only do victims fight to recover physically, but they must also struggle to cope with the emotional and financial effects of the accident.
If someone else caused your 18 wheeler crash, you have the right to seek damages. The compensation available to you ultimately depends on the circumstances of your case. However, damages commonly awarded in El Paso truck accident cases include:
- Medical expenses
- Costs for future medical care
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Assistive care costs
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Property repair or replacement costs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of enjoyment
Call (915) 629-9988 today to arrange a FREE consultation with a top 18 wheeler accident lawyer in El Paso.
El Paso Wrongful Death Cases
If you are a spouse, child, or parent of someone who died after a trucking accident, you have the right to seek wrongful death damages. An El Paso wrongful death lawyer can assist you in seeking damages, such as:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Lost earnings of the deceased
- Lost care, services, support, advice, and counsel provided by the deceased
- Pain and suffering
- Lost companionship, love, comfort, and society
- Lost benefits
- Lost inheritance
Why Choose the Huerta Law Firm for Your 18 Wheeler Accident Case
Our El Paso personal injury lawyer provides client commitment from beginning to end. We always do what’s best for our clients and their families. Most importantly, we have the determination to win your case and secure the compensation that is rightfully yours. When you hire our 18 wheeler accident lawyer to handle your truck accident injury case, you can count on us to:
- Keep you updated on any developments in your case.
- Be available to answer all questions and concerns promptly.
- Handle all communication with the insurance company and any third parties.
- Perform a thorough investigation into the accident to build the strongest possible case.
- Work with our team of medical, psychological, and financial experts to adequately assess your past and future damages.
- Negotiate skillfully to secure a full and fair settlement.
- Advocate on your behalf at trial to secure maximum compensation, if necessary.
- Continue to be there for you even after your case is resolved.
Our El Paso Truck Accident Attorney Is On Your Side
If you or a loved one was recently involved in an 18 wheeler accident, our law firm is here to help. A skilled 18 wheeler accident lawyer in El Paso is your best defense against trucking businesses and insurance companies. We’ll work hard and fight to no end to ensure you are adequately represented and receive the compensation you deserve! Please contact our office today at (915) 629-9988 to speak to our qualified 18 wheeler accident lawyer in El Paso for free.